What Information Do We Collect & How is it Used
- Personal Identification Information: We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Publicly Visible Information: If you leave a comment on the Website, certain information like your name may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar or a profile description. Users may see your username, avatar and/or profile description.
- Non-personal Identification Information
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
How We Use Collected Information
- We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To improve customer service
- The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To respond to your comments or queries.
- To personalize user experience
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Website
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- This may include administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against the unauthorized or illegal activity.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Affiliate Program Participation: The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Newsletters: On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns.
- Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behaviour will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Relating to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to our email.
- Amend: You may contact us at hello(at)duolookmedia.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
- Children’s Information: The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately and we will promptly remove any such information from our records.
This document was last updated on 28 June 2022